Fire and Carbon Dioxide Safety
Although we don't do very much with Carbon Monoxide, at SERVPRO of Delaware, OH we do handle fire clean ups which go hand in hand with CO.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas that can be found inside your home. The thing about carbon dioxide is that it is an odorless, tasteless and colorless gas which means it cannot be detected by the human senses.
CO is created by the incomplete combustion of fuels and when exposed.
Why CO is Dangerous
Since we cannot see, taste or smell CO gas, it is impossible to know you are inhaling it and it can cause health effects.
The Center of Disease Control (CDC) estimates that around 400 people in the US fall victim to CO poisoning. This is why it is vital that CO detectors be installed inside your home in order to protect yourself and your family from CO leaks.
Here at SERVPRO of Delaware, OH we work with our local Red Cross to install smoke and CO detectors yearly.