Prepare Your Delaware, OH Home For Storm Weather
Storm preparation can make all the difference. A Severe Weather Plan can help you and your family be as ready as possible for approaching severe weather. Make sure everyone in your household understands the Severe Weather Plan.
How to prepare for power to be out:
- Cool or heat your house. In warm weather, turn your air conditioning down. In cold weather, turn your heat up. During and after the storm, keep doors and windows closed. You can hold onto inside temperature for as long as 48 hours.
- Charge your cell phone and anything else that needs to be charged.
- Keep freezer doors closed and sealed. Frozen food will keep two to three days in a well-filled freezer.
- Leave a porch or front light on. This help the electric company know when repair work is successful.
- Disconnect or turn off any appliances that will start automatically when power is restored. Why? If several appliances start at once, it may overload circuits. Hot appliances pose a fire hazard. Check these appliances:
- Electric space heaters
- Washers and dryers
- Microwave ovens
- Refrigerators and freezers
- If your power goes out, turn off large appliances and air conditioners. Wait 15 minutes after power is restored before you turn them back on.
- If your home or business floods, SERVPRO of Delaware, OH may not be able to go in and perform services until power is restored
- Please be patient. Our crews work as fast as safety allows.
If your home is affected by storm weather and you have flooding or a fire, please feel free to contact us at 740-369-5020 with any questions.